UIWebView best for this?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ethical, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ethical macrumors 68000

I'm just thinking of the best way to implement the detail view on my app. It needs to look along the lines of the attached image; headers, bullet point sections, and paragraph sections. I'm thinking a UIWebView would be best to do this, or this there a better method? The main downside I see is that I'll need about 40 .html files in the bundle. Even though .html files are so small will this be a problem?

Each row in the table will load it's own .html file for the detail view.

Attached Files:

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

This is also possible with making a new DetailViewController and set Outlets for the labels. and making it @property's.
    This way you can only have 1 detailview, and just set whenever you press, the corresponding info ;) Which you can retrieve form a dict/Restservice, whatever.
    Go spread magic!

3. ppilone macrumors 6502

If you know you want your content to be present that way (i.e. with bullet points, etc) and you already have access to the HTML, then a UIWebView would be simple enough to display your content.

I'd suggest taking a look at the content you want to display and thinking about whether or not a bulleted style list is how you really want to display it. Does that style make sense in iOS for the content you're displaying? Can you present the content in a more iOS fashion, such as a sectioned UITableView?

4. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

This was definitely my first thought, and is how I've done this sort of thing in the past, but I'm not sure how to display the bullet-point grid style. HTML and CSS seems like a much easier method.

Since each bullet will only be a few words, and I want to maximize space as much as possible, I thought using sectioned tables would be a big waste of space since each row will have a lot of white space to it's right.

My main concern is whether having 40+ .html files in the bundle will be a problem, but I'm starting to think it won't.

5. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Bulletins.. Well ;p actually that could be faked quite easily.. by inserting an invisible Tableview, with an image in the beginning of an bulletin. Just how I would take care of it. I just do everything native, don't rely on HTML/CSS ;)

6. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

I can't see any problem with that. The actual content will have to exist somewhere. If not in HTML files, then they'll just be in string constants in the code or in .strings files, right?