UIWebview failed for URL error

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by erdinc27, Jul 18, 2016.

1. erdinc27, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016

erdinc27 macrumors regular

I want to listen the webview and do something with the opened url. I do this with this delegate method.

Code:
    - (BOOL)webView:(UIWebView *)webView shouldStartLoadWithRequest:(NSURLRequest *)request navigationType:(UIWebViewNavigationType)navigationType {

NSString *currentLink = request.URL.absoluteString;

if ([currentLink containsString:@"close"]) {      
            [self closeTheAdvView];
        }

return YES;
    }
    1- i try to click a button inside the webview. It works in iOS9 but not in iOS8. How can i make it clickable in iOS 8 as well ?

2- when i click a button inside the webview it opens a new url(e.g:close.com). when i get that link then i will hide the webview. but when i click the button then it gives an error in log screen like
    what can be wrong here ?

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I don't see any call to canOpenURL: in the code you show. You should probably return NO if you don't want this 'close' link to be opened. 'close.com' is not a URL. 'http://www.close.com' is a URL. Usually this kind of thing is done with custom schemes. 'close://me' is a valid URL that your code can scan for in the delegate callback.

The error shows the empty string as the URL, which of course it cannot open. I don't know how that happens though.