UK 3G networks and the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LaNex, Mar 10, 2010.

1. LaNex macrumors 6502

2. gratui macrumors member

I may have chance to have a free iPad with 24 month contract from O2 or Orange :cool:

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

From Apple?

http://www.apple.com/uk/hotnews/

4. LaNex thread starter macrumors 6502

Unless I'm missing it, nowhere on that page does it say "28th April" ? It just says "late April". The 28th is indeed late April, but so it the 27th, 29th, 30th - you see what I mean now ?

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Oh!

That'll teach me to skim through MacRumors while I should be working. :eek:

6. LaNex thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL. Happens to us all.

Can't find anywhere else that mentions the 28th tho.
    Aargh. I know "they" say that anticipation is half the fun but I feel a little like I'm all dressed up with no where to go since the keynote speech. The waiting is becoming tedious. Ho hum.

I supposed I'll have to make do with living vicariously through these forums via our USA friends when they start getting the iPad.

7. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Thanks for the link OP, interesting story. I think they are probably just guessing the date though. I just wish they would give us UK-ers some more info already -like know a price would be nice! I am interested in the 3G version myself.

8. Bentron macrumors 6502

Exactly! I want the price more than anything, so I can work out how much I need to save and put aside. But I guess we have to wait to see what comes out of these talks.

9. LaNex thread starter macrumors 6502

AOL on the price aspect. I've put money away but I don't know how much of it will be needed for my choice of iPad or indeed if I should be adding any more to the fund. But at least it's earning interest sitting there in my bank account, waiting to be used, I guess.

10. Thrillho... macrumors newbie

Thrillho...

I agree. It is so frustrating that the Americans can order today and we don't even have a price. That would at least give some light at the end of the tunnel.

11. LaNex thread starter macrumors 6502

The apples online stores (Us and UK at least) are currently down as of about five minutes ago. I wish this could be indicative of pre order for us UK'ers about to appear, too, but I doubt it.

12. Bentron macrumors 6502

I would have had some hope if it were down in just the countries where the iPad has been announced for release, but it is ALL stores. Try store.apple.com/nz

But with Apple you never know. :)