Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gratui

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
I may have chance to have a free iPad with 24 month contract from O2 or Orange :cool:

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Oh!

That'll teach me to skim through MacRumors while I should be working. :eek:

LOL. Happens to us all.

Can't find anywhere else that mentions the 28th tho.
Aargh. I know "they" say that anticipation is half the fun but I feel a little like I'm all dressed up with no where to go since the keynote speech. The waiting is becoming tedious. Ho hum.

I supposed I'll have to make do with living vicariously through these forums via our USA friends when they start getting the iPad.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the link OP, interesting story. I think they are probably just guessing the date though. I just wish they would give us UK-ers some more info already -like know a price would be nice! I am interested in the 3G version myself.

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for the link OP, interesting story. I think they are probably just guessing the date though. I just wish they would give us UK-ers some more info already -like know a price would be nice! I am interested in the 3G version myself.

Exactly! I want the price more than anything, so I can work out how much I need to save and put aside. But I guess we have to wait to see what comes out of these talks.

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
AOL on the price aspect. I've put money away but I don't know how much of it will be needed for my choice of iPad or indeed if I should be adding any more to the fund. But at least it's earning interest sitting there in my bank account, waiting to be used, I guess.

Thrillho...

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2010
Exactly! I want the price more than anything, so I can work out how much I need to save and put aside. But I guess we have to wait to see what comes out of these talks.

I agree. It is so frustrating that the Americans can order today and we don't even have a price. That would at least give some light at the end of the tunnel.

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
I agree. It is so frustrating that the Americans can order today and we don't even have a price. That would at least give some light at the end of the tunnel.

The apples online stores (Us and UK at least) are currently down as of about five minutes ago. I wish this could be indicative of pre order for us UK'ers about to appear, too, but I doubt it.

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The apples online stores (Us and UK at least) are currently down as of about five minutes ago. I wish this could be indicative of pre order for us UK'ers about to appear, too, but I doubt it.

I would have had some hope if it were down in just the countries where the iPad has been announced for release, but it is ALL stores. Try store.apple.com/nz

But with Apple you never know. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.