UK 3G Options with O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmedal, Jun 16, 2008.

1. macmedal macrumors regular

Looking swapping my Blackberry for a new 3G iPhone and just wanted to
    discuss some of the options open to me in the UK. Any help would be aprreciated.

Will Apple Stores be selling the iPhone as it seems very unclear whether that will be the case in the UK as I would prefer the Apple after sales support.

If you were to buy the PAYG phone could you swap the PAYG Sim to another O2 SIM i.e. Simplicity SIM in the iPhone ?

I am currently with Vodafone does O2 do anything like 'Vodafone family' which allows me (and them) to phone four designated Vodafone mobiles free for a £5 monthly charge ?

Looking at the Tarifs for O2, the business tarif looks better for me for the iphone, could I open an O2 business account as an individual ?

Is it a real option to purchase an unlocked iPhone in Europe and continue using my vodafone account, how would push email etc work with the iphone through a vodafone SIM or would I need a ME account ? I do not think I want the hassle of jailbreaking an iPhone so that would be a real last resort.

Any help appreciated.

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Yes there is something like the voafone family, its O2 unlimited (on pay and go) just allows unlimited calls and texts to anyone on O2 if you top up 15 quid.

Sold from carphone or o2 store, although i believe you can go to a apple store afterwards to get it repaired. It should be available online of O2.

3. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Curiously the iPhone may not be sold in Apple stores - on Apple's UK site the "where to buy" option takes you to links to O2 and Carphone Warehouse.

At present the iPhone is only available with specific iPhone tariffs, it is likely that special Pay and Go rates will apply to but we won't now until Apple tell us!

4. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Not confirmed but almost certainly not I'd have thought.

Nope. Though I don't think they're very good actually.

I don't see how it would affect push mail, but again it's not known.

Phazer

5. macmedal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your replies. So many questions still left unanswered :confused: