Uk - Able to order online to pick up instore today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ramit, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ramit macrumors member

Just ordered Ipad 256gb Wifi Space grey to pick up in uk store today

2. mrklaw macrumors 68000

also available on john lewis' website for pickup tomorrow. 3 years warranty so I'm going that route - when reselling just outside of the 12 months, that can help with resale value.

3. spook macrumors regular

On currys, if it says:
    Collection not available

Does that mean they are not in store?

Kind regards

4. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

Did the same as you just there. My delivery was due for 21-23 June so better to cancel that and just get it today instead.

5. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea i've noticed on Apple's website that they are available for in store pick up from the Birmingham Apple store as well :)

6. widestload macrumors 6502

widestload

Same here! Work's going to draaaaag today now though. Anyone got the email to say its ready to pick up yet? I guess that might not come until after the store opens though.

7. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

I got my email despite the store not opening for just under another 30 mins.

8. MadAngelUK macrumors member

I'm kind of annoyed, (pre) ordered online with Currys on the 7th as soon as they went up, still no sign of dispatch (or clue of when it may be delivered), yet my local Currys - 2 minutes from where I'm working all day today - has them available for immediate collection if I order online now!!! I wouldn't mind cancelling the original order except I did it entirely on gift cards and don't want to be refunded with £700 store credit on top of spending as much with actual money ☹️

9. Matthew264 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat, I spoke to someone on live chat when ordering who advised it would be delivered on release so I purchased it.

I have now found that's not the case but as I paid with a gift card there's not a lot I can do but sit it out and wait for them to ring me to organise a delivery date.

10. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I picked up a 10.5 and 12.9 this morning instore. My local store had 2 of each colour and capacity combination.

11. Matthew264 macrumors newbie

Well hopefully this means they may sort my pre order out today and get it out to me tomorrow when I'm off work, il not get to excited however.

12. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Could you not cancel your pre-order and collect in-store instead? I would imagine they would be able to transfer the credit for the purchase in-store.

13. Matthew264 macrumors newbie

Possibly, I have just spoken to them and it seems things are moving so I will just leave it, would have been ideal if they could have come when I was off work tomorrow but what's another few days.

14. widestload macrumors 6502

widestload

Just been to collect mine :D. now to wait until the end of the day, knowing its just sat in my car waiting for me :oops:

15. Dave245 macrumors 601

Dates seem to have slipped, the Birmingham store here in the U.K. Have gone from pick up today to 5th July for the 12.9" iPad Pro :eek: I'm just glad I don't intend on picking mine up until I go for a shopping trip with friends in August, looks like I will have to keep an eye out in case dates start slipping into August!

I wonder if this is because the stock is low OR if the new iPads are really popular, I think it could be a mixture of both to be fair.

16. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

my order has been processed so still due to arrive 15th

Just ordered the leather smart cover and smart keyboard due to arrive on the same day

17. MadAngelUK, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017

MadAngelUK macrumors member

I didn't bother to contact anyone about it, I realised a small saving grace on my order confirmation ("Order acknowledgement" and "We are processing" - both received immediately on order) state Standard delivery - "Expect Delivery by Wednesday 14th June 2017". Having checked the Currys/PCWorld website all day orders up to 7pm confirmed next day delivery where the Next Day Delivery at £3.99 is selected...

I / we didn't have that option for the pre-order. I've seen no movement, had no phone call about it. I just have my fingers crossed at this point... praying that I don't have to suffer a 5 business days 'free' postage delay for pre-ordering...

[Edit] Actually, well done Currys/PC World! Shortly after posting the above last night, the website confirmed it will be delivered today! (14th), in addition, I went ahead and ordered a black leather Smart Cover from Apple, expecting it to be delivered tomorrow (15th) but no, they rushed it and its out for delivery today. Must be my lucky day (and hopefully yours @Matthew264!)