UK Activation Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LastLine, Nov 9, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

I keep getting messages telling me

"We could not complete your iTunes store request. The Network connection was reset."

Anyone got a solution to this?

2. javidial macrumors newbie

yesterday I couldn't register it. because my bank account is visa electron they said that I'll will receive a confirmation about the registration in the next 24 hours, they need to check it:mad::mad::mad:

Today after 14 hours, I didn't receive anything!!!! and now itunes is telling me:

"could not complete the itunes store request. the store may be busy"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA:mad:

I just want to have my **** iphone.... can't wait

3. nick2k7 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem mate it say's for me 'could not complete the i tunes store request. the store may be busy' i want to use it lol

4. dombookpro macrumors member

I had the same problem - I kept toggling off the iPhone icon and back on to refresh to the iTunes store. Then I read a post on here that said that they got it working by restarting iTunes with the iPhone still plugged in... Try that. It worked for me!

[craddles shiny new iPhone] - "Preciousssss"

5. snapper07 macrumors 6502

i had real problems getting it to find my address so i phoned up 02 and they were very helpfull worth a try.

6. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

I got lucky at midnight last night, strangely followed a phone call to Apple where I enquired and gave them my serial number, perhaps worth a shot?

7. H786786 macrumors newbie

DOES ANY1 NO IF THIS WILL WORK OUT OK..WELL BASIACLLY I GOT THE IPHONE YESTERDAY FOR MY SISTER.ITS HER BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEK.SO I PLAN TO GIVE IT HER AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT. I PAYED FOR THE PHONE BUT SHE WILL BE PAYING FOR THE CONTRACT.
    SO BASICALLY SHE WILL BE ACTIVATING THE IPHONE NEXT WEEK? CAN YOU DO THAT?HOWEVER SHE HAS A CURRENT ACCOUNT WITH TSB? WILL THIS CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS REGARDING THE CREDIT CHECK? SHE HAS NO BAD HISTORY AND IS PLANNING TO PAY FOR THE CONTRACT BY PUTTING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY IN HER BANK BEFORE THE DATE OF THE DIRECT DEBIT EACH MONTH.

Do you think this will be ok?

8. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

How do i go about activating my phone under my mums name? i'm guessing i have to set up a iTunes account in her name, but will i still be able to sync the contents of my own account onto the phone if it's set up with the one i set up in my mums name?

9. snapper07 macrumors 6502

why are you shouting?
    As far as i know it will be fine if she has got a good credit rating and itunes it will be good she might need to set up an itunes account?

10. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Just got this in a email

[​IMG]

Does this mean i've cleared the credit check and just taking longer to activate or something worse?

11. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Also got through around midnight. It was a thrill.

12. javidial macrumors newbie

:mad::mad::mad::mad: after 15 hours I received the email, and everything is alright, but now iTunes store is telling me all the time

"Could not complete the iTunes Store request. The store may be busy"

all day with the same issue:(:(:(

13. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the iTunes Store servers are busy because err... lots of people are trying to activate their new iPhones??? This is one reason why I didn't bother even thinking of trying to get one this week - based on the US launch it is going to be a madhouse out there :D