[UK] Anyone ordered from ChitterChatter.co.uk before?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyboy360, Sep 17, 2014.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

Have posted in the UK iPhone 6/6 Plus thread, but its probably getting lost in everyone's excitement! So heres the post.

This is probably a really long shot but I'll explain it and see if anyone else is in the same boat.

I ordered an iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey from ChitterChatter on Friday the 12th at about 9.01 (Their lines opened at 9AM). ChitterChatter are (I think, check them out yourselves) very similar to Carphone Warehouse. They sell multiple phones but to two carriers only. EE and T-Mobile. I am with EE and was due an upgrade from my SIM only plan. I tried ringing EE but they were just so busy. So I went to ChitterChatter. Saw the iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey on a £38.99 a month plan with £79 upfront, unlimited calls and texts, 4GB 4G data, inclusive roaming, double speed, the "Extra" plan, perfect, rang them and ordered it. They never confirmed a delivery date and I have rang them a couple times to see if anything has changed, but they said nothings confirmed yet. I see people getting confirmation from CPW and starting to slighty worry! Although not too worried as EE themselves are claiming 7 days delivery!

So what I want to know is;
    1) Am I right in saying ChitterChatter is similar to CPW? (Website is chitterchatter.co.uk)
    2) Has anyone else ordered from CC or have ordered maybe a 5s or 5c or anything from them before?
    3) If so have you heard anything from them?(iP6)/What did you get from them relating to stock/delivery? (iP5/c/s or before)

I have pretty much assumed that they will have stock for Friday because they wouldn't put pre orders up if they weren't, right? And as much as its sad to hear about Phones4u but that now means more iPhone stock! And I feel they are trustworthy because they've been around for a good few years and worked with T-Mobile for ages and then EE when they came around.

Any, and I mean, ANY, help is gladly appreciated!

2. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

3. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

4. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Last attempt... Anyone whos ordered with them before with a pre order! I just need a bit of info!!

5. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Did some digging around.. only saw the usual stuff, some good, some bad.

Keep at them with calls :D

6. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

7. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Their website now says iPhone 6 due in stock tomorrow. I spoke to them about it and they said it will be for pre orders only (Thats me!!) but they said and I don't know if they are telling the truth or not, but they said they don't know what they are getting, when they are getting them, when they will ring me up to confirm it all and they don't know when I will get the phone...

So, I now have to get up at 9AM and wait for a phonecall.

I just hope that they go on first come first serve thing. Like as I was one of the first to order over the phone, I will be one of the first they call. And I hope their courier drives a Ferrari so it gets to me early!! They do actually do same day despatch so I could be lucky!

8. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Ha! Good luck, my order's with O2 and it doesn't look like they're packing them on a first come, first served basis unfortunately. Seems a bit random! :eek: :D

9. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

:eek: Thats not fair!! Then again, I've seen people that order theirs 3 days after pre order day and still getting theirs before anyone else!!

----------

Just spoke to them (Again! They must be getting peed off with me!) and they said it will be based on a first come first serve basis and what stock arrives! They must be getting all sizes though wouldn't they? Still, I will be happily up at 9AM waiting for my phonecall!! Will even find out if I can pick it up!

10. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Hmm, other companies already have their stock and are sending it out today. Wonder where chitterchatter's warehouse is. If you're close enough to it, it's legit that they can dispatch on the 19th and deliver to you same day. If not, then they tellin' fibs :confused:

11. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Don't know where their warehouse is, but yeah theres plenty of time to deliver it on the same day, if not I'll wait til its get closer to me and offer to pick it up! :p

12. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Useless idiots.

"iPhone 6 in stock today!"

Yeah, if it 128GB ONLY you want...

How stupid, why would Apple only provide you with one variant?

It gets better, if you want Space Grey, lol tough luck.

13. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Urgh seriously, they just got 1 model? Lameeeeee :mad:

14. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

So p***ed right now. They say they expect an update later today but they don't know about Space Greys... Trying to ring EE direct and see if they can either match what I got with them or get close to it as I'm upgrading. And even if they have any stock anywhere.

----------

Just got off the phone with EE.

No upgrade deals for iPhones.

Oh well. Looks like I'm in for a long wait.

15. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

What about trying O2/Vodafone etc.. maybe someone will cut a deal?

16. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

I've been with them both before and didn't like them. My mate is with O2 and doesn't get that good signal and Vodafone are quite expensive.

17. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

A bit better news. Was told they are getting deliveries of iPhone 6 16GB at about lunch time. But only Silver and Gold, I ordered Space Grey but I said I don't care what colour now!! They said they will contact me when they are in stock, and delivery could be tomorrow or Monday. Or if some stores have got some, then I can pick one up!

18. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Woot nice, and to be fair, both gold and silver are really classy and more Apple looking that the grey (ordered a grey and gold here for me and the missus). Don't think you can make a bad choice colourwise :cool:

19. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats very true! Although I think I think I prefer silver over gold though!

20. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

The website is enough to put me ordering from anyone like them.

21. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

How do you mean?

22. hbman122 macrumors member

I live in Croydon and we have a Chitter Chatter store which my friend works in. From what she's told me, they normally get very little stock, I remember last year for the 5S they got next to nothing, but the company is legit :)

23. pob42 macrumors newbie

I ordered a new EE contract iPhone 6 from them (having used them before for a 5s contract about a month after launch).

They were far cheaper than going with EE direct (£149 cheaper upfront on the same tariff although since ordering it is now only £40 cheaper!).

I ordered a iPhone 6 64GB in Gold. Got a call today to say that they had no 64GB in stock but they did have 128GB. They asked if I wanted to pay the extra £80 and have it shipped out today for delivery tomorrow.
    I asked the Mrs (as it is for her) and she said yes, so it should arrive tomorrow.

24. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha! I live in Croydon too! And after the phonecall I had today it seem like they don't get a lot.

This is the reason why I ordered with them! Far cheaper!

Anyway, I got a phonecall saying iPhone 6 16GB (Silver and Gold only) were coming in at 5PM (Thats a long while after lunch!) and stores were already basically sold out of them. The ones going to them were still not enough to fulfil existing pre orders that were made in store! So she said I could risk trying to get one tomorrow or have it delivered Monday morning. Being the safe type, I said I'll have it delivered for Monday. She then said I will be as quick as I can to get you one before they all go and she also said if theres a problem, she will ring me. I went out for the night (Went to a concert, was amazing!) and I never received a call, so I checked my bank and the money has been taken for it! Monday can't come quick enough!

Silver iPhone 6 16GB

25. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Doesn't look that professional, just looks a bit iffy. Just set alarm bells ringing for me.I prefer to order from well known sites. I'm a bit too cautious. But it seems they are legit, and they even have stores. Never heard of them before though.