UK - Apple Pre order - Microsim Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotace, Jun 21, 2010.

1. hotace macrumors newbie

hotace

Morning all, had a quick flick though and need to know if anyone knows the answer. I have pre ordered my I4 through Apple and fingers crossed its still due for delivery on the 24th.

I'm currently with 02, but i didnt take up their upgrade offer, ive just bought it through apple. SO! how do i go about getting my new micro sim for my phone.....?

i have pre registered with 02 as well, and it did mention i may get a sim early?

Thanks

2. synagence macrumors 6502a

I walked into an O2 store in Farnborough this morning and asked for a microsim, quoted the o2 site saying they were available this morning, they um'd and ahh'd and i showed my Apple invoice said i was o2 customer (which i am).... they then promptly handed over a Microsim package

I'm going to be switching service over this afternoon so i should have an alive and ready sim for thursday

3. hotace thread starter macrumors newbie

hotace

Thanks

I will pop into O2 tonight when the misses is shopping!

4. mgirg macrumors regular

I went into an o2 shop and got one today, but be warned they need proof of purchase for your iPhone 4 ie the invoice you got sent. They were happy to see the email on my iPhone but they did say as a general store policy they keep a copy of the invoice so it might be worth taking it in in case you don't get nice staff at your local shop.

I just swapped my sim to the micro sim now and took about 30 mins for new seem to be activated. It might be worth doing it now to avoid the system overload that is bound to occur on Thursday.

5. hotace thread starter macrumors newbie

hotace

Assuming you mean the email confirmation of my order, i dont have a receipt yet as its not been billed! but i have the Processing confirmation and order no: etc

6. mgirg macrumors regular

Yep, but they said official policy is to take a copy of it, and while they were happy just seeing mine on my iphone it might be worth printing it out and taking it with you in case you get difficult staff.

7. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The guy didn't even take a look at mine. I had it folded up in my pocket and he was like "okay, here you go." :) It could have been any piece of paper. He didn't even take my phone number or anything.