UK Apple Repair Guesses?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SB-MBP, Jan 18, 2017.

1. SB-MBP macrumors 6502

SB-MBP

Well guys, I'm not in the right income band for a new Mac right now ;)

As I can't find half decent parts on the inter webs, I'm contemplating taking it in to the Apple Store or - the ONE Authorised Repair centre - in Northern Ireland for genuine parts. Not sure if they'll sell me the parts to fit myself, but I am competent enough to put them in!

Any guesses on how much the following might sting me?

- New Battery
    - New Keyboard (NOT the whole unibody.. does NOT come as one piece ffs)

Some of you might have had this done, so your knowledge it very valuable for me before I drive 60 miles!

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Without knowing exactly which model you're fixing people won't be able to give you a decent guess.

3. alFR macrumors 68020

There are other AASPs closer to you then Northern Ireland if you're in Runcorn - C&D Systems in Wigan, AMRS in Liverpool (who I've used and can recommend, nice guy and good service) and a few in Manchester I think. Might be worth giving one of them a call? AMRS will give you an idea of cost on the phone / via email (website is http://www.ohmac.co.uk), don't know if they would sell you the parts to fit yourself but it might be worth giving them ring.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

5. SB-MBP thread starter macrumors 6502

SB-MBP

I must update my profile, I'm no longer in England!

There seems to only be the Apple Store in N.I. and the one AARC (Mac-Sys) :-/
    --- Post Merged, Jan 19, 2017 ---
    It's a mid-2012 model with the Core i5, and also it has the US keyboard layout which has meant many small UK suppliers haven't been able to find me a part through their network :-/