UK Apple Store 15" high res stock...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonnyr78, Jun 10, 2010.

1. jonnyr78 macrumors member

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get an i5 (NOT i7) glossy high-res 15" macbook pro from a UK Apple Store, or is it online order only?

Thanks!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

3. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Here in the US, the only hi-res models available in the store that I've seen have been i7 AG. YMMV.

4. jonnyr78 thread starter macrumors member

That is what I was thinking; in the UK before the '10 refresh you could only get an AG on the top 15", so I'm guessing they have just continued that (with the AG being higher res as a nice bonus).

As for why I'm asking? My (lovely!!) mum bought me a new base 15" from a local Apple Store (Manchester, UK) after my last gen Macbook Pro was stolen. It's such a lovely thing for to do that I don't have the heart to tell her I'd rather have got the high res one (if I was buying it meself), so I was hoping I could exchange it without her knowing.

But, if they don't do them in store I'll stick with this as it's great :) and I can use the difference for a 7200 drive.

Oh, I do prefer the matte (once had the last g4 Powerbook :cool:) but it has to be glossy because I have a cat that loves inspecting what you are doing with either his wet nose, or his paws. In those circumstances the glass comes in handy!

P.s to the first reply...of course I could call them...I'm just being lazy;)