[UK] Apple Store Bluewater

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Tim7, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

Hey, I would love to get the new iPad Air on launch day. Are the queues as bad as for new iPhone launches? I am thinking I'll go to Bluewater at about 7am, (assuming they open at 8am), and queue. Trouble is I don't want to be there too long as I'm supposed to start work at 8:30am! Could probably get away with being at Bluewater tip 09:30am.

Anyone been to any previous iPad launches at Bluewater? I'm guessing this will be quite a big event.

2. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

I fear the scalpers will ruin this just as they ruined the 5S launch

3. Tim7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tim7

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

My nearest store is at Bath and i reckon I will queue overnight just to beat the scalpers. I was in front of them for the 5s launch but they grabbed everything and left very little for the guys in the queue behind them

5. Threni macrumors member

I would go to Manchester. I can't decide whether to queue at a resonable time or just order online as soon as it's available.

I wasn't too bothered about getting the iPhone 5S straight away. I managed to get a 32gb slate grey one week later at 4pm in Manchester.

I'm thinking 64gb or 128gb iPad. I use it whilst travelling for videos so a bigger version would be better.

6. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

It isn't even good enough just to get there early and queue. Scalpers arriving in gangs, and more and more of them arrive and just plain push in. We queued for iPhone 5S from 3am and walked away empty handed. The scalpers will ruin this launch like last time and what bothers me is that Apple aren't even offering an online preorder option.

7. Dog182 macrumors member

Inside??

Hey darthbane

When u queued at 3am were u actually in blue water or did security make everyone one wait in the car parks?
    An at 3am roughly how close to the front were u??

8. Threni macrumors member

At least you can always order straight away at 8am online if you're unsuccessful.

9. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Queue begins outside and at roughly 6 or 7 am moves into the mall.
    Problem is when we got there, probably 40 or so people in front. Then scalpers started to arrive by the van load (no joke) pushing straight into the front to join their 'friends' - an absolute shambles.

----------

True..

10. Dog182 macrumors member

Bromley?

Wonder if any better at Bromley? What time u planning on gettingnp there if u did got to blue water?

11. Tim7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tim7

Sadly I think after the shambles that was the 5s launch I will just order my iPad Air online and wait for it.

Such a shame but apple are more worried about getting pictures of long queues to show how popular they are rather than looking after genuine valid customers. Launch days should be 1 item per customer only and no cash accepted.

12. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Hopefully the scalpers, if present, will target the major city stores and leave my local one alone! :p

13. Dog182 macrumors member

Hmmm

Bane & tim an vertigo
    what time u boys thinking of getting there?

14. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Gonna turn up around 6.30-7 I reckon - if queue is already mental then I'll def it and go home :)

This is my local store in Solihull btw, not Bluewater :)

15. Tim7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tim7

I'm not going to bother queuing in the morning. Might pop in later in the day and see if they have any left

16. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Well if it looks like I'll be there waiting for hours then I'll leave it and then pop back later in the day to see if they still have any. Basically it'd be nice to get one on launch day but I'm not spending stupid amounts of time queuing for one.

17. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Really can't do another overnighter, so I'm going to show up at 7am

18. Dog182 macrumors member

Ohhhh but I need someone to to hang out with all night :)

19. SL4VE macrumors 6502

same as but I'm not paying £100 again, although she was worth it :)

20. Dog182 macrumors member

21. Dog182 macrumors member

Meetup - whose going to blue water for the iPad air. An what time you getting there?

22. tagmorrisuk2008 macrumors newbie

Im heading to bluewater for about 230/3am....what time where you thinking of getting there for?

----------

Do you all think this will be early enough? either after a 64gb/128gb wifi, im easy on the option and colour

23. tagmorrisuk2008 macrumors newbie

I have also heard differing things on Bluewater. The centre was conifrmed to me as open 24 hours and they said as long as no camping (ie dont bring a tent) it should be ok to queue inside?

It sounds a much much warmer option

24. Dog182 macrumors member

Potentailly going evening before so from about 9pm. you should be good. think most people go for 16-32gb

25. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

I don't think these things are going to sell out this time around. Well they may very well sell out, but I don't think an overnight is necessary. From what I hear, supply is plentiful.