UK Apple Store finance query

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JamesHP, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JamesHP, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

JamesHP macrumors 6502

I've decided I'm gonna get a retina 13" MBP, but I was wondering how long the process took with the UK online store's finance option. I'll have the cash upfront in 3 weeks or so but I was wondering if it might be quicker getting it on the finance deal and settling it once I have the cash, so I get it earlier.

So, if anyone has taken this option before I'd be grateful in learning approximately how long the process took from order to delivery; if it's a relatively short time then the likelihood is I'll run with it.

2. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Used it a couple of times (always when the Christmas 0% offer is on, which will probably show up again in a couple of weeks). The finance takes 3-4 days to set up (possibly longer if you get referred and have to actually talk to Barclays/Clydesdale).

After that it takes as long as it takes to build/ship, check estimated the delivery dates in the Apple store.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Can do it instore there and then

My first mac was bought on finance in an apple store they did it there and then and I walked out with the macbook pro. It is done through barclays.