UK Apple Store or O2 Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmedal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. macmedal macrumors regular

Can't decide whether to go to my local O2 store for opening or go further afield to my nearest Apple store. Chances are if I get it wrong at best, I will have a long wait on the day, at worse, end up with nothing having wasted my time and effort.

Considerations are:

• No opening times posted for Apple stores yet
    • Possibility of a white 16GB being in Apple stores (was told yesterday in Regent Street that it would be)
    • Chances of long queues at the Apple Store
    • Likely to have more stock available
    against

• Local O2 will probably have smaller queues
    • No white 16GB
    • Opening at 0802hrs
    • Less stock available

2. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

I'm going to try the Glasgow Apple Store.

(You forgot to mention that O2 and CPW are staffed by people I would usually try to avoid, whereas at the Apple Store at least you get the impression that the staff have some clue about what they're selling. Plus no white at O2/CPW is a deal breaker for me)

3. macmedal thread starter macrumors regular

Very good point :p

4. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Officially, according to Apple's website they are not available to buy in an Apple Retail Store only o2 or CPW.

They are in the US.

Check first with the Apple Store to save any heartache!

5. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Existing O2 iPhone customers wishing to upgrade to iPhone 3G have no option but to go to an O2 store. New customers have the choice of going anywhere.

If as many new customers as possible can try to go to an Apple Store rather than O2, it will maximise the chance for everyone to be happy. It is unlikely the Apple Store will sell out, they are meant to have ample stock, whilst O2 has very little stock.

So I am asking, nicely :eek: can new customers go to an Apple Store, and let us existing customers stand a chance of getting the new iPhone too.

Thank you! :D

6. ryanmanu macrumors regular

does anyone know on the o2 website where is shows all the opening times, does this list also show carphone warehouse location/opening times?

7. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

No it doesn't: here

It would be very confusing, CPW is a separate company that sells O2 products, along with other mobile operator's products. So it wouldn't be right to advertise CPW on the O2 website. O2 gets more money from people who buy direct from them.

8. ryanmanu macrumors regular

bargaining chip!!

Me: "i want an iphone for mega cheap!!"
    O2: "errr...how about NO"
    Me: "fine ill just go to CPW"
    O2: "ahhhh, take it, take it!!! its freee!"