Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Hi guys I need to order another 24" iMac, but this time I might order online from the store I have never done this before, can anyone who has ordered an iMac in the UK tell me how long they had to wait? im in England.

Also what is the deal if I need to prove my education discount? does this hold things up?

Thanks

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
I don't know about the UK, but in the US for an edu discount, you just click your school on the edu store site and that's it...some schools you have to log in with your school ID and password, and other school you don't have to--it doesn't hold things up at all or cause any delays.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
What discount are you after? College or University? With University you have to phone, or access the store from a computer on your uni's network. I don't think they're so strict about college discounts.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Also what is the deal if I need to prove my education discount? does this hold things up?

Thanks

If you log onto the education site from the university your at you can buy the iMac at the discounted price I think....

I purchased a non education discount and it took 1.5 weeks to arrive as I upgraded the RAM and HD and it was during the leopard switch over...

but the common models (as in minimal configuration) get dispatched and sent quicker!

Hope this helps!

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
I've only ever ordered one machine from Apple online and that was a refurb Mac Mini, took 2 days! I'm guessing if you configure it in any way it comes from a different place, and takes longer.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I've only ever ordered one machine from Apple online and that was a refurb Mac Mini, took 2 days! I'm guessing if you configure it in any way it comes from a different place, and takes longer.

Yeh mine came out of Prague!!!

enjoyed following it on UPS though! ha

jimmcd

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
Hi guys I need to order another 24" iMac, but this time I might order online from the store I have never done this before, can anyone who has ordered an iMac in the UK tell me how long they had to wait? im in England.

Thanks

Hi Peejack,
I have just ordered a 24" Imac on 07/06/2008 and have just discovered that it will take a ridiculous 2weeks to be delivered.
Very dissapointing.
First thing I've bought from apple and it could be the last.

Jimmcd....:confused:

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
The link to the higher education store is http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk - you MUST be on a University computer to order from here but when you do you get a massive 17% (or thereabouts) off plus a three year warranty for free.

(I usually cheat and visit the site from home using my University's VPN service so the website thinks I'm actually there.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.