[UK] Apple Store, Regent Street

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Jun 18, 2009.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Pay & Go iPhone 3G S's will be available at the Apple store on regent street?

Also, do you think I'd need to get there for opening or would 11am-12 ish be ok to go in and buy one? I'd hate for them to run out.

Anyone have any tips or experience of buying them at the store?

thanks

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

it is going to be very busy!
    if you cant go till around midday - i suggest going to another store not in the square mile.

i have a personal shopping appointment at 9am and they couldn't guarantee more than a 50% chance there will be a 32GB PAYG left.

3. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're joking, I heard that last year it didn't sell out there very quickly?!

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

that was because the o2 activation server crashed at 7.15am

i was second in the queue. got in the door at 7.02 and didnt leave till close to 9am as they couldn't setup my contract. they gave up in the end, i left with the phone, but couldn't use it till the Saturday evening.

tomorrow im buying on PAYG so shouldn't be any problems. also if i remeber correctly, PAYG wasn't available on launch

5. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

anyway, i will be there for 8am ish and wait in line and try to get it
    if by 9am i am still in the queue, i will go to my appointment

6. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm going to get there for 10am. Hopefully they'll have Pay&Go's available still.

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

is there an cpw or o2 store near you? might be worth going past one of them on your way and going there if there's no queue.

also if you have the internet wherever you will be in the morning, you should be able to check the stock on apple.com/uk and o2.co.uk/iphone like last year.

good luck buddy!

8. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are a couple of O2 stores near me but to be honest I get the feeling I'd be better off buying it from an Apple store... just in case something is wrong with it and I might need to return/have it repaired etc?