UK Apple store stock of iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by valleyboy74, Jul 1, 2010.

1. valleyboy74 macrumors member

Am planning to take my iPhone 4 back to apple this weekend and cancel my Orange contract as the signal is shocking. Plan to go back to O2 but have had to reserve another iPhone. Any ideas on how long the current wait is? Gutted at having to give it back even though I reserved one for the launch date!

2. valleyboy74 thread starter macrumors member

took my phone back this afternoon, explained the problem and they were more than helpful to cancel my contract but told me they didn;t have any phones in stock. I pushed it saying that I had reserved them in plenty of time and have not gone to the back of the que, he went to have a word with some people but still told me none in stock. Again, I pushed it asking how long would I likely be waiting, he finally confirmed that they had not received any iphones since launch and the reserve list was growing by the day. A few of the staff overheard the conversation and finally the manager brought out a new 32gb model from 'emergency stock'.

To be fair, I received excellent service today and am now a very happy bunny to have an iphone 4 with a decent signal.

The only thing is that the home button is a little loose, but I suppose it's within the tolerance so I can live with that.