UK Apple Stores Stocking i7?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by byron_hinson, Aug 6, 2010.

1. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Anyone know if the UK apple stores are stocking the 27" i7 - reason I ask is that when I went into the store today they said they were as it was on show with pricing on view and said they had some in stock. I went home, decided to phone the same store and make sure they had some if I came in tomorrow to then be told they don't stock them and its customise only!

Love the miscommunication there.

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I went into the Manchester Arndale Apple Store on Monday and couldn't see a single 27" machine. I would assume the man over the telephone was correct, although you'll only know by going in and trying to purchase I guess.

3. byron_hinson thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah guess so - They certainly have all the others in our store as I bought one last week - returning it tomorrow though as the hard drive is so noisy its just become an irritation that I don't want when spending so much money.

4. elephantinc macrumors member

I've been to two different apple shops this week and none of them had new imacs on display. It was however suggested that you could buy the i7 in store, it was on the price list that said buy in store today (this was in Norwich, I'm hopefully going to one of the manchester stores next week in search of one).
    I'd love to know the answer to this (I just emailed apple to ask them something as well, I could have included this :rolleyes: )

5. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

The Core i7 CPU is a BTO option for the iMac 27".

Apple Stores to my knowledge only stock standard models (the ones on the website before you customise anything), so they won't have an i7 model, you have to order that either by phone or on their website.

6. elephantinc macrumors member

It's very popular and unlike other options it's on the little sign next to the 27" imacs in the store, suggesting you can buy it there.

7. byron_hinson thread starter macrumors 6502

Turns out they had i7's in - the old model! Returned my i5 and now just ordered it online. 2TB drive to make sure I avoid another Seagate too

8. elephantinc macrumors member

:rolleyes:
    Hopefully they will have the new ones by the end of next week....