UK Apple Stores - will they have white 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tallyho, Jul 8, 2008.

1. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

I read the reply from the O2 Sales Director which mentioned that the Apple stores would have more stock than O2 or CPW...so, what are the chances of them having white ones?

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

my crystal iphone ball tells me Yes wait.. no...wait yes...i dont know!

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Go to an Apple Store on Friday.

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you. :cool:

R-Fly

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

ASK!
    Apple stores, like O2 stores should have some way of easily checking the total stock levels at a company wide and also a store by store level for the different SKU - i.e. the 8GB black, 167 GB black and the 16GB white. If you are nice, and they are friendly, you'll get the answer you need in a day or two, whenever tehe stock registers into the system, prior to Friday.

Would Apple keep the White 16GB exclusive to Apple stores at the start? Who knows. Maybe they want to bring a certain demographic into the Apple stores. Lack of availability sure will increase perceived image.

5. tallyho thread starter macrumors 6502a

tallyho

The UK Apple website doesn't actually mention buying at an Apple store at all - just has links to O2 or CPW. If they *are* going to sell them (and I really can't imagine them not doing so) then maybe they are keeping the white ones for their own stores - what with it looking better and being the iconic iPod white...
    Anyway, it's white or wait for me...

6. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

According to the 'official' O2 response posted earlier Apple will be selling them but only to new customers - upgrades must got to O2/CPW.