UK Apple upgrade program (metro centre) system issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kroxx, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Kroxx macrumors regular

Just been to pick up my iPhone from Apple Store metrocentre and after I checked in and was waiting, someone came to pick there phone up through the Apple upgrade program, and they were told that the credit check systems were down (not Apples fault) and they were unable to give him his phone unless he bought it outright and then came back for a refund when the systems were back up and then took out the AUP, or they told him they would take his details and then ring him in next few days when system back up.... he said he would come back in half an hour and see if system was back up... she told him they had been on and off all day but now it's totally down

2. Liam_89 macrumors member

Liam_89

I was planning to go to the metrocentre store this morning to see if I could pick up a 7+ just walking in,
    Do you have any idea if they had any available for walk ins at the metro centre ?

3. ekrueger24 macrumors regular

Wonder is this is country wide (sounds to be if the system is down). Going tonight to get mine through the program. Have they mentioned if you pay in full then return it to buy it again on the programme they'll just sell you the same phone again? Or do you have to hope they have stock of the one you bought?

4. Kroxx thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure if they had any stock as I was in and out as quick as I could, the way I understood it was that you would keep the same phone but just get re-funded then take out the upgrde program

5. scotio200 macrumors member

Was at the metrocentre at 11 this morning, used to work there so the guys who work there tend to tell me things they shouldn't. Absolutely no walk in phones at all.

Apparently experia is down which is having the issues, actually went to DFS to look for a new sofa afterward and the guys in that store said they couldn't do any finance on stuff today as there is a systems issue.

6. ekrueger24 macrumors regular

That is certainly not good news to hear. Especially considering I will be in the Apple Store (not metro centre) to pick mine up in three hours. Waiting to hear back from a friend of mine I used to work with at a different Apple store to see if they are having issues here in London (would make sense if the system is down) or if it might be up.