Price Advice UK AppleCare 15" MBP - price advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by keysofanxiety, Aug 3, 2013.

1. keysofanxiety, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Just bought AppleCare for 15" MBP from an authorised Apple repair centre I work closely with, and paid £210 for it. They also registered the warranty online for me and it's just been updated. It was the cheapest price I could find.

However, one of my friends needs to get AppleCare on their 15" MBP as well. Is £210 a good price to extend it by two years, or is there possibly anywhere I can source it cheaper for them?

Thanks in advance for any advice people can provide me.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

it is at the top end. Currys were selling some off for about half that not long ago, but those offers come and go. Your best bet is to look for a business seller on eBay that offers these new and sealed. Don't buy a reg code for obvious reasons. You might save £50 or so.

If Apple asks for a copy of a retail invoice when registering just say it was a gift.

3. birdpathp macrumors newbie

yes.If Apple asks for a copy of a retail invoice when registering just say it was a gift.[​IMG]

4. keysofanxiety thread starter macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Thank you for the advice :) I definitely feel quite stupid now that I know I could've paid a lot less for AppleCare, but at least my friend won't be paying as much.

I'll have a hunt on eBay now. Thanks again!