Uk: applecare for iphone 3gs from other countries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gul13, Jun 29, 2009.

1. gul13 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to buy UK applecare for unlocked iphone 3GS purchased in australia/italy/belgium etc? Or if i buy the local applecare for iphone from these countries would i be covered by apple warranty in Uk apple stores?

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You have already opened a thread asking this question and I gave you the answer there.

If it wasn't clear enough, AppleCare for iPhones in the UK only covers official UK iPhones purchased from Apple, O2 or The Carphone Warehouse.

3. gul13 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah well i thought i might be able to get more response/answers here. Then what if i buy the local applecare along with the iphone 3gs in italy/aus? would i be covered in uk then since applecare provides worldwide warranty?

4. inf macrumors 6502

inf

Since when??

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Not all AppleCare offers worldwide cover. You would have to send it back to the country you purchased the phone from.

Apple UK only offer service on iPhones officially sold in the UK. Even if they ever did agree to replace your phone, they would have to give you a phone that is locked to O2 as replacement because that is all they deal with.