UK Back To School iPod Promo - what's the delay?!

Peteypan

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
Ok, I've got an update. I've been talking to a fair few reps over the past days, none of which gave me any information until the one I spoke to just now.

I'd firstly ask if apple were running the promotion, to which the reply was that 'no official announcement had been made'. I'd then always ask 'When can I expect such an announcement to be made?' and the reply would always be 'I do not have such information'.

However! With the last rep, she told me to defiantely check the site next month (September). So looks like it'll be running from September the 1st this year.

Still, it's not confirmed but that is as close as anyone is going to get.
I can corroberate this somewhat,

I was talking to an apple rep using the chat feature of the apple store. I asked about a UK back to school promo and received a reply back saying; 'no official announcement has been made...'

the rep didnt say anthing else, but i thought the elipses were a sure sign there would at least be one this year.

ashokc

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
Do you think apple will offer some sort of rebate to us folks that have bought imacs and so on over the past couple of weeks. It sucks to miss out on this.

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
It's very late to start this I gave up on this and bought my macbook, as back to school starts in a in 2 weeks- 4 weeks it really should of started by now. I hope they do offer a rebate to people who have purchased in the past month, as starting it this late is really odd.

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
it always starts september in the uk, and then runs to the end of october

usally starts around the 12th or there abouts i do belive:)

tripout

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2007
it always starts september in the uk, and then runs to the end of october

usally starts around the 12th or there abouts i do belive:)
This is wrong. Two years ago it started mid July (I bought an ibook with it). Last year it started 1st August (see here). This year it seems very late - especially since the US offer was 'early'. IMHO it is all about maximising revenue from the iMac.

If new nano's & ipods are coming out then an offer will help clear the stock.

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
This is wrong. Two years ago it started mid July (I bought an ibook with it). Last year it started 1st August (see here). This year it seems very late - especially since the US offer was 'early'. IMHO it is all about maximising revenue from the iMac.

If new nano's & ipods are coming out then an offer will help clear the stock.
ha i must have been on drugs or something

for some reason that was firmly stuck in my head

i think i will keep my mouth shut from now on:eek:

sanzu3

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
was just talking to an Apple rep - he's pretty certain it will start in mid-september and "99% certain" it will be an ipod offer

andykemp

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2007
Which iPods though!?!

If it happens after the 5th September (when the expected ipod event happens) do you think that will mean we can get the discount on the new ipods?

sanzu3

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
If it happens after the 5th September (when the expected ipod event happens) do you think that will mean we can get the discount on the new ipods?
I think it will just be a rebate against the older iPods - to clear the stock.

benssson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
London
was just talking to an Apple rep - he's pretty certain it will start in mid-september and "99% certain" it will be an ipod offer
this will be the shortest back to school program ever! with people due back at uni by October, that's a 2-3 week scheme. seems apple has really missed the boat this year.

if nothing happens tomorrow then I'll be getting the Macbook anyway - fed up with waiting.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
it's sept 6th and still no sign of the promotion. I wanted to order a new imac and get an 8GB nano (the old black one, don't like the new ones) but doesn't look like the promotion is gonna go ahead, unless the "mid september' prediction someone has comes true

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
Does anyone think they'll do the back to school promo whilst / when leopard is available?

bowdeni

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2005
To be honest, I've decided it's probably not going to happen. I was speaking to an Apple Rep last night who didn't know if it was going to happen.

Schools are already back.... universities go back in a couple of weeks.... it usually happens on Aug 1st, ... new iPods have been released and they wouldn't run it with that.

Looks like it won't run this year, and I've given up. I'm just going to order an iPod.

sanzu3

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
To be honest, I've decided it's probably not going to happen. I was speaking to an Apple Rep last night who didn't know if it was going to happen.

Schools are already back.... universities go back in a couple of weeks.... it usually happens on Aug 1st, ... new iPods have been released and they wouldn't run it with that.

Looks like it won't run this year, and I've given up. I'm just going to order an iPod.
I think it still is going to happen - my guess being it will start beginning of next week.
Having said that I decided not to delay the purchase of MBP (which is on its way to me:)) by waiting for the promo.

Xexr

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2007
Desperately hoping it will still start - who knows now though, like people are saying even Uni starts extremely soon!

Can't say I lose anything by waiting as I'm waiting for leopard anyways, but as above leopard + a free last G iPod would be pretty sweet however doubtful...

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
Surely this can't be happening now? Espically with the new ipods, they aren't even giving a student discount on them anymore.

sanzu3

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
Surely this can't be happening now? Espically with the new ipods, they aren't even giving a student discount on them anymore.
I was certain there was going to be a promo - but it really looks like there won't be. I can't understand why not.

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
Ermmm I just see past promotions, and yes I think the offer will be to do with Ipods as the US offer is buy a Mac and get a free Ipod Nano or Touch!
do you realise you are responding to a post from last year?

rangeboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2008
hahaha that is funny.

but whilst im here. i think im gonna give in and buy an imac on monday, dont want to wait for something that i dont know when will happen