UK back to school promotion launched

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GolfBravo, May 27, 2009.

1. GolfBravo macrumors newbie

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I just ordered a macbook pro yesterday, I am going to refuse delivery and reorder with the promo. Normally the promo starts later in the UK. I have an iphone already but was planning of getting rid of it this year, so i could do with a touch.

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Oh damn, that sucks. They usually do the promo in September, nearer when I was thinking of upgrading. The way the promos have tied in before in the past, the UK's promo came out just after new iPods were released so unlike our fellow US folk, we didn't have to get "old" iPods.

This definitely means that new iPods are due in the next couple of months. When they're out, this offer won't be available with them either and Apple will use this to clear up old stock. :(

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Tell me about it, I have just reodered Have you looked at the terms and conditions, I am mot sure if it a typo? Says you get a £190 rebate for ipod nano 8gb. But if it is true, I am ordering me a new 8gb nano. I will just my old iphone as a ipod touch.

Attached Files:

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Woah!! That has to be a typo. I wonder if there's some way to make them honour it though... £190 rebate for a £107 item sounds fantastic! I'd probably buy a MacBook just to get the discount and sell it all for a profit! I'm sure its meant to £90.

6. GolfBravo thread starter macrumors newbie

7. timROGERS macrumors member

I noticed that error to. I'm not going to because they will screw you over, but could you print that today and purchase today and use those terms and conditions for the purchase?

8. GolfBravo thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a typo - it's supposed to be £95 for the 8GB nano.

GB

9. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Yeah I noticed that and have seen taht it has been corrected. I have also noted that there is an an abundance of macbook pros in every variant. Usually and indicator in the also 6 years I have been buying macs that some thing new is coming in.

Also afte speaking to apple they advice me I can order a new ipod touch and still get the rebate providing it is within 21 days of the purchase of the macbook.

Which is great as I am away this weekend. Also if nothing new comes out on june the 8th I will keep the machine. If it does I will order a new machine.