UK Back To School Rebate - Duplicate Claim??? (Problem!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ixesin, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Ixesin macrumors newbie

Hi there all,
    So I bought my Macbook Pro 13" 2 weeks ago on Saturday with an ipod touch as part of the Back To School promotion Apple are offering.
    Without going into too much detail, I completed the online form and sent away my evidence which was received by Apple (as stated on the rebate status check online).
    However, when checking today on the status of my Rebate, I came across this:

[​IMG]

Now, you're all going to have to trust me on this one: I have not done anything dodgy like send in 2 claims or something. (edited out my e-mail address for privacy purposes)
    I have called up Apple in the UK (located in Northern Ireland) and have explained my situation, the person on the other end said they'll pass it onto their internal promotions team and will get back to me in 1 or 2 days.

I guess my questions are: Will I ever get to see my rebate and what else can I do to sort this mess out?

Thanks.

2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

If you already called apple, then i would just wait and see what happens. I am sure you will get your money.

3. Ixesin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, thanks. £145 is a lot considering I'm starting Uni in a month and I need to save as much money as possible.