UK based unable to redeem thanks to US links

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Elven, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Hi all.

Trying to redeem my new June 2011 iMac for a Lion download, however the links all around here want a state, and UK is not accepted nor is my local county.

Help?

edit: found the UK based link

2. namtaffy macrumors newbie

dont count on it working though! it cannot even find my serial number despite my contacting apple a few weeks ago with proof of purchase to update my warranty info and having an email from them confirming my serial number.

Oh and the manual submission form to submit proof of purchase etc does not work either! it just says there is a technical problem the administrators are working on. Very poor show Apple, how long have they had to prepare for this !!!

3. Elven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Elven

I must be lucky, went through without a hitch once I found the link, Apple really should make it more available!

Hopefully the download completes without trouble.

4. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

Chill out. Call Apple. They'll help you with it. Things are going to go wrong for some people, thats a given. Be happy Apple has a good customer service call center. Give them a quick call and tell them whats going on. My serial numbers worked just fine, even with a different date of purchase.

5. namtaffy macrumors newbie

wish I had your luck

lol I'm chilled ;)

6. namtaffy macrumors newbie

did you guys buy your mac's from an apple store? I bought mine from Argos, maybe therein lies the problem. Although I'm sure they are an authorised reseller...

can't quite figure what number to call, plus don't really fancy a telephone merry-go-round this evening, lol:)

7. namtaffy macrumors newbie

well, still unable to get the free upgrade despite calling apple 3 times and just getting fobbed off with try later or this is really strange but they dont do anything about it. Well I know why they earned the nickname crapple now! Absolutely awful customer service from the 1 company I thought would be different given their premium prices and B$ marketing, makes me seriously want to just throw all my apple gear on ebay and suffer using windows and android instead:eek: