UK Based VPS companies

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by coldsweat, Apr 17, 2016.

1. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

Just about fed up with my 123-reg VPS & continual crashes & freezes, can anyone recommend a (ideally UK based) VPS host??

2. MacSociology macrumors regular

3. thoughton macrumors newbie

I use and highly recommend VPSes from Nu Blue and Future Hosting. Nu Blue probably has better support (although FH support is still good).

4. hatuko macrumors member

hatuko

I'd go with Linode (also a DC in London) for a cloud-type VPS, or Hetzner for normal VPS (Germany).

5. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Vidahost gets my vote, been using since 2010 and reliability and support has been amazing. They designed and built their own data centre a few years back with their offices in the same building which is cool, so they can manage everything in house quickly: https://www.vidahost.com/data-centre

I have only used their shared and cloud hosting for smaller projects but been more than impressed with them. They are constantly upgrading hardware even on shared hosting with no downtime. They have been so much better than any other hosting company I have used in the past.

As with all hosting companies check out reviews before jumping in: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vidahost.com

They also have plenty of discount codes posted around the net including "DISCOUNT10" which gets you 10% off all hosting packages I believe.

6. Simmie macrumors newbie

Simmie

ukfast.co.uk gets my vote.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Webfaction.com have a datacentre in London, if you use their cloud plans. I've recently moved from euroVPS to their services.

8. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

DigitalOcean have servers in London and I've had pretty good services from them. Very cheap and reliability is good.

9. iPaintCode macrumors regular

iPaintCode

I second Digital Ocean, unlimited options, well priced and top notch customer service. Creating Droplets gives a plethora of so many options, I use it on NodeJS projects as it does exactly what I need and doesn't burn a hole in your pocket.

10. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

I third this option. I usually get the cheapest tier, and the cpu is not great. Not bad either, just average. But for a simple Linux server, it doesn't matter.

11. MonsterUniverse macrumors newbie

Hi coldsweat,

Are you looking for Linux or Windows? For linux, you can check out DigitalOcean, they are cheap but you need to manage your own server. For windows, check out ukwindowshostasp.net or hostforlife.eu. They both have UK data center. Hostforlife.eu have good reviews in windows, you can find their services on Microsoft site

12. Osty macrumors 6502a

Another vote for DigitalOcean - they are great VPS service for the money. I've had Ubuntu 14.04 droplets running for nearly 2 years without problems.

13. CompuMan macrumors newbie

You could check out Future Hosting, they have data center space in the UK.

14. bbnck, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

bbnck macrumors 6502

I'd definitely vouch for DigitalOcean, which are based in the US with a data centre in London. They are pretty good - I have a VM with them. You can create and destroy VMs with just a few clicks which makes provisioning really easy