UK - best insurer / insurance for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ontrack31, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ontrack31 macrumors member

Hi guys & girls

So I've had my MBP since Friday and I'm aware of the fact that this has been the most costly investment I've ever made in hardware. That means I want to keep it for a while.

Any ideas which UK insurance is really good for a MBP, please?

I don't want anyone trying to sell me one because they may get commission for it. I would like your honest opinion on one or two and why you think that particular insurance is great.

Ultimate ideal response would be from someone who already has had an experience with claiming on their insurance they're suggesting.

Thank you!

2. Fed macrumors 6502

Whilst I'm not usually one to buy this type of insurance, I'd be inclined to firstly check with my bank and any deals they offer regarding 'upgraded' accounts and laptop insurance.

Then, call up your contents insurance company, or, if you're young, ask your parents to ask the insurance company.

THEN, if you're a student, you'll most likely want your own contents and as far as I'm aware, Endsleigh are usually the best in that department.

Hope that helps.

3. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

Your best bet will be most certainly to go with some form of house insurance policy as they will offer you a far better rate as a house is potentially worth 100s of times as much, reducing the risk of a fraudulent claim.

I have insured my retina for 15-20£ a year with mine compared to a few hundred with insurance for just the computer. It even covers me abroad for substantial amounts of time.

4. ontrack31 thread starter macrumors member

I live in a shared house with live in landlord & landlady. Do you think I can just insure the contents of my two rooms?

5. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

Are you a student? If so do you live with your parents for some of the year?

You can get contents insurance for your rooms I am sure. Have you googled some providers?