UK - Best SIMO deals for your new X

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
Just wondering if anyone has found any excellent deals for a new SIMO deal, to go with their shiny new iPhone X?

The deal that's best for me is probably this one from Three £12 for 12GB per month and includes Go Binge* and if you go via the cashback site Quidco, you can also get £55 cashback

Pair this with a 64GB iPhone X on the Phone Payments Plan and you're looking at £58.50 a month, by far cheaper than any carrier offers that I can see.

* With Go Binge, we've teamed with the likes of Netflix, TVPlayer and Deezer to make sure you can stream videos and music to your heart's content, infinitely, without needing to worry about your data usage.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Just wondering if anyone has found any excellent deals for a new SIMO deal, to go with their shiny new iPhone X?

The deal that's best for me is probably this one from Three £12 for 12GB per month and includes Go Binge* and if you go via the cashback site Quidco, you can also get £55 cashback

Pair this with a 64GB iPhone X on the Phone Payments Plan and you're looking at £58.50 a month, by far cheaper than any carrier offers that I can see.

* With Go Binge, we've teamed with the likes of Netflix, TVPlayer and Deezer to make sure you can stream videos and music to your heart's content, infinitely, without needing to worry about your data usage.
EE had a sim only deal where you got 25GB of data for £26 a month but that expired today right before the pre order so you go with their contracts for the x. Sneeky.

so now if you want to go with EE going on contract would be cheaper if you want more data

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Not sure why people chop and change all the time. Long term customers can always wrangle a great deal.

I pay £16 with EE for 16GB data (at highest 4G speeds, not throttled to 60mb like most of their deals) & unlimited everything else. With my other line on Vodafone I pay £20 for 20 GB data & unlimited everything else. I also get global roaming with Vodafone, plus I have a separate SIM for my iPad Pro which gives me 20GB of data & global roaming for just £15 a month, again a deal only offered to long-term customers.

Surely you want to go with the best network for your needs, not just the cheapest price?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
EE had a sim only deal where you got 25GB of data for £26 a month but that expired today right before the pre order so you go with their contracts for the x. Sneeky.

so now if you want to go with EE going on contract would be cheaper if you want more data
Classic EE

Naturally everyone's data requirements will differ. Personally I use about 8GB per month on average, which goes on Apple Music, a bit of Netflix, general browsing, Twitter and iMessage.
[doublepost=1508923435][/doublepost]
Surely you want to go with the best network for your needs, not just the cheapest price?
Why not have both? I live in an area that gets great signal on all of the networks, so then it becomes about who gives me the most bang for my buck. Also, I can get those same deals as a new customer, plus some cashback in most cases

But we're going off topic here

Last edited:

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Why not have both? I live in an area that gets great signal on all of the networks, so then it becomes about who gives me the most bang for my buck.
Well yes, you can of course. But a lot of people just go for the cheapest without doing their homework & then wonder why they can't get a good signal at home/work etc, nor have enough data to last the month.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
I was on three and couldn’t wait to get off of it. Can’t believe their coverage is so horrendous in a place like London.

Zigourney

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm on EE also SIM only plan, pay like £17.50 a month for Unlimited Calls and Text and 16GB of Data a month.
I saw the deal in a EE shop in Birmingham, it was a promotional price displayed in the shop window, I signed up quite quickly. I cant seem to find the deal on line anymore, so its probably expired.

Reactions: akash.nu

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
I'm on EE also SIM only plan, pay like £17.50 a month for Unlimited Calls and Text and 16GB of Data a month.
I saw the deal in a EE shop in Birmingham, it was a promotional price displayed in the shop window, I signed up quite quickly. I cant seem to find the deal on line anymore, so its probably expired.
I’m on the same deal. But I hardly use even 5GB of data if I’m honest. Hopefully will use a bit more with the 8+ now.

Daley347

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2017
I’ll be staying on the same Vodafone contract I’m on now which is £18 a month for 25gb data and includes Spotify for 12months.