Resolved UK Black Friday Prices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macman45, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Macman45, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Just opened the email...A quick overview of what's on offer here.:

Ipad2 (base) £368

iPod touch £154

Ipod nano £104

Base MBA £768 (not bad that one)

Base MBP £918

iMacs from £918

Full details:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/holiday/shopping_event?cid=CDM-EU-34581&cp=em-P0011136-180935&sr=em

----------

Some deals on Time capsule too, and some good ones on trackpads and keyboards too.

Not much off cases and covers though.

On the whole, there are a few bargains there, but no thunderbolt displays (big surprise)

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Sorry to threadjack, but I have what might be a dumb question. Does the UK actually "celebrate" Black Friday, or something similar? Or is this just a sale since Apple is from the states?

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Do we don't really have black Friday. I think a few retailers choose to have sales today anyway, or start Christmas sales, but I doubt you will see many references to black Friday. I'd never even heard of it until I joined MacRumors!

4. gazter macrumors newbie

Some areas of the UK, certainly in the north have what's called "Black Eye Friday", its the last pay day before christmas and considered the busiest time of the year for emergency services... But its more to do with drunken debauchery than anything else.

5. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Here in the uk we are intelligent enough to be able to manage Christmas 1st time without a trial run the month before ;):D