UK - bought Kanex xd off ebay, power supply damaged

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Andythed, May 25, 2011.

1. Andythed macrumors member

Hi guys

I bought a kanex xd off ebay. The power supply came with an american adapter. I am in the UK.

My dad noticed that the adapter had heat damage. In addition, the seller had said that I needed a power converter. Having received it I noticed the power supply label states it is ok for 100-240v input. Therefore I just need a travel plug adapter.

I am really worried about the damage done to the unit from the sellers previous usage. I can not afford it to go wrong.

What do you guys think? Is this a danger? Fire hazard? Will it have been damaged?

Andy

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Did they sell you it as damaged?

If not, send it back.

If the seller does not accept it back and it was mis-sold, start a claim with eBay and it will get resolved.

There's no point using it if it's a potential fire-hazard.

3. Andythed thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply.

It did get sent to me damaged. My dad took a look at it and noticed the moulding on the plug had melted in one part.

I have not used or tested it yet - no PS3 at the moment. But damage to a power supply is worrying.

They are not being to helpful so I guess I will have to start a claim

Andy

4. Andythed thread starter macrumors member

P.s. not described as damaged. Described as being sold from a seller who has OCD with his electronics and cleaned it once every two days

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

To be honest bud, that's the easiest and quickest way to get your money back/problem resolved. Most people don't want negative feedback and eBay will never side with someone who has lied or purposefully misled in their listing.

Good luck!