[UK] Buying an Iphone tomorow...what firmware will I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by senorFunkyPants, Jan 18, 2008.

1. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Probably going to the O2 shop tomorow to buy an iPhone (hopefully with firmware 1.1.2 so that I can Jailbreak it to use with an O2 payg sim).
    Are O2 shops still selling iphones with 1.1.2 firmware and can I tell without opening the box what firmware will be on the phone?

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

nah it doesn't say lol.
    maybe ask the person serving you if it comes with the firmware (doubt they will know though!) Or maybe ask for an iPhone that had came in a few weeks back?

Personally, I think that at current, the apps on Installer.app are pretty lame and contain alot of bugs! But it's up to you.

3. senorFunkyPants thread starter macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Bought one this morning from my local O2 shop and ended up with a week 42 phone (4.02.13g)..guess they are not selling that fast!!

4. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

They will all be 1.1.2 firmware still because its only been half a week since the new update.

5. senorFunkyPants thread starter macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Had a bit of a struggle jailbreaking it...it started really badly on the first instruction, I put it into restore mode and Itunes pipes up with Error iPod not recognised or something! Still got there in the end...well impressed with it.