iPad UK & CA iPad Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MarkyUK, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MarkyUK macrumors member

Hey all,

I'm from the UK and I'm moving to Canada soon...

I currently have a iPad (3rd Gen - UK) and I'm planning to buy the next iPad when it's released soon. I will be in Canada by the time it is released and I need to know:

1. Could I just buy a US plug from the apple store and sell the 3rd gen out in Canada no problem? (Ie. Will it charge and be usable in Canada?)

2. I use the UK App Store with my current iPad - When I buy the new iPad out in Canada, will the transition be smooth? Will I be forced to use the Canadian App Store and lose all my downloads?

3. I will be returning to the UK within 12 months - should I sell my CA iPad before I return? Or will it all my hunky dory? :p

Thanks!

Marky

2. profets macrumors 68040

Yup, shouldn't be a problem.

If you continue to log in with your existing apple ID you'll still see your downloads and be connected to the UK App Store.

It'll be all good. Depending on if you get a cellular version the one sold in Canada may include different LTE bands than those sold in EU (we'll see tomorrow I guess).

3. MarkyUK thread starter macrumors member

Excellent! All good stuff then!

I just thought of one more question...

If I was to return to the UK with my Canadian iPad and it starts playing up for whatever reason - can I just walk into an apple store and have no issues or will there be problems because I bought it in another country?

4. Freida macrumors 65816

warranty is international, you just book appointment and come to any store :)