(UK) Camera + PBG4 Bag Recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by gavd, Jun 6, 2007.

1. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've recently picked up a Nikon D80 and am looking to get a bag to not only carry that around, but my 12" PB as well. At the moment I've only got the 18 - 135 kit lens, but over the next couple of months will probably add a couple more lenses.

So basically, I want a bag that will hold my D80, some lenses and my PowerBook. I've had a look at the Crumpler website and it looked like they had some I might be interested, but there's nowhere near me where I can have a look at them in the flesh.

Anyone got any recommendations for a bag? I'm open to suggestions other than Crumpler and I'd like a messenger bag as opposed to a rucksack.

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Lowepro's CompuDaypack is similar in design to the Crumpler bags; but you definitely would want to check it out first-hand since the camera section looks significantly smaller than in the Crumpler bags. But it's $100US cheaper so that might be a plus.

At some point I will be buying one of the Crumpler "Barge" bags though, unless they come up with an even better update in the meantime. I've got four Crumpler bags and IMHO they are definitely worth the money.