UK can't activate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matw01, Nov 10, 2007.

1. matw01 macrumors newbie

I was the first person to get an iphone at the store i was in, actually bought two as a mate wanted one but didn't know if he'd be able to get into town...

Got mine home tried activating it and i got the message "could not complete the itunes store request. the store maybe busy" phoned my mate up and his activated straight away...

so i've phoned o2 and they say that it is a fault they are working on and just keep trying, and when you do get to activation through itunes it can take 24 hrs to complete.

2. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you've got an answer to your query from O2...

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I remember there were issues in America too when they got theirs, it'll happen eventually, just a huge demand I guess.

4. matw01 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh i understand why i can't activate i just wondered how many other ppl were still having problems,

i actually saw on the net earlier a comment from an o2 spokesperson saying they had learnt from the problems in america and all servers were being upgraded to ensure it wasn't a problem here...

5. lawalsey macrumors newbie

Hey i remember you. i was the tall black guy with the fro. i'm having the same problem as you. i called them and they said they would activate it in 24hrs. something about a 'backlog' of applications and they needed more time to review everyone.

6. javidial macrumors newbie

I got exactly the same problem :mad::mad::mad: waiting in front of my computer till apple or O2 fix it. I've been talking with O2 twice for an hour, and the can't even see my details because the "order number" I received by email is wrong, doesn't work. they can't proof who I am, and I dont know what to say.
    Also, itunes doen't work today, all what I see is a error saying "would not complete the itune store request".

I think I need to go out, have a drink and try again tomorrow. I'm waisting my money and one day of my life doing nothing. I'm very very disappointed with O2 and Apple.

7. herodian macrumors member

mine was fine but then i was back home at 6:07 so i reckon i missed the rush.

the number transfer though will take a week. meh. ah well, call forwarding for me.

8. matw01 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i've now had my iphone for a whole day and at the moment its just a really expensive paperweight

9. matw01 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone having any joy activating yet?

i can't believe they let this happen here after what happened in america!!!!

i just want to use my new iphone

10. javidial macrumors newbie

more than 24 hours and I'm still waiting, the itunes store is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    has anybody actived the phone today??????

11. matw01 thread starter macrumors newbie

im getting fed up now, o2 just keep telling me to wait and keep trying, it should be working in 24 hours.

How is that good enough, is it wrong to want to be able to use something i've bought when i've bought it

12. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Is it wrong to want to drive on a motorway at 70mph from london to cardiff on the m4 when you have paid your road tax?

Yes, it's perfectly reasonable. But if there is heavy congestion its not really alot anyone can do except wait it out until the road is no longer congested.
    It's not much consolation, but I'm sure you're not the only one this is happening to (hence why it is happening).

13. retro.kid macrumors newbie

retro.kid

Hi there.

I had an existing O2 Monthly contract (3months into it) and moved to the iPhone courtesy of O2's offer for existing users.

Bought my iPhone at 6.20pm yesterday, was home for 8pm - downloaded, installed iTunes 7.5 by 8.15 - phone registered and activated by 8.25pm

by 8.30pm my existing N73 had "Sim Card Registration Failed" and by 11pm my iPhone was activated with my existing number.

A very smooth and painless process! Well done Apple and O2 :)

14. javidial macrumors newbie

2 days waiting, and I can't active the iphone, itunes is telling the same error, and O2 dont know what's going on. I'm thinking to take the iphone back to the store and never buy it again:(

15. Mossman macrumors member

Poor show ....

Really feel for you guys and gals having problems.

Mine activated with no problems at all around 10pm Friday. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Jon