Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
so: my friend went into the carphone warehouse today and said that he wanted to switch from his orange contract to an O2 iPhone contract. anyway, the carphone warehouse guy told him he could switch from orange despite the fact his contract wasn't up for another 7 months and that the next iphone update would enable MMS, AND that the camera was 'better than any sony erricson cameraphone on the market'.

first of all, the iphone camera kinda sucks.
second of all, why would a carphone warehouse dude know more than the uber-intelligent macrumors crowd?

exactly.

what do you guys think?:rolleyes:

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2006
so: my friend went into the carphone warehouse today and said that he wanted to switch from his orange contract to an O2 iPhone contract. anyway, the carphone warehouse guy told him he could switch from orange despite the fact his contract wasn't up for another 7 months and that the next iphone update would enable MMS, AND that the camera was 'better than any sony erricson cameraphone on the market'.

first of all, the iphone camera kinda sucks.
second of all, why would a carphone warehouse dude know more than the uber-intelligent macrumors crowd?

exactly.

what do you guys think?:rolleyes:

To get a sale.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
The same thing happened to me in the O2 shop, I said I wanted to buy an iphone and the woman told me i should wait for V.2 with apparently is going to have GPS, Better camera, 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.