Uk Carriers, Get Sorted!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iD4V3, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

Im kinda Getting Pissed Of With UK carriers ATM, so far 02 is the only one who is made the slightest of efforts, Announcing there tariffs, But People today like me here in the UK have Pre-ordered there iP4, dont know yet how much deposit 02 will charge for the tariffs they want, we should know this already!

As for the Other carriers, there has been no official word from anyone yet, not a string, Vodafone seem to peeking out, but common! the iPhone is released in 9 days, and us Uk'ers are sitting here like lemons waiting to know the things we should already know by now, so we can get prepared for the 24th release!

2. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I know I hear you man. This is getting beyond a joke.
    I posted elsewhere on MacRumors that a lady at Orange told me this morning that Apple has told them not to announce anything today or something. They had the message at 8am this morning. (Odd enough because outside Cust Services no one at Orange starts before 9, they're all in the canteen eating breakfast)

Still I'm really shocked by how this has handled. All it's done is caused more traffic to Apple.com, which caused that to go horribly wrong and mess it up for a lot of people.

I've been emailing Tom, the CEO of Orange UK a few times to see if we can get an update already. See below.

Vodafone staff are telling people that an update will be given out later on tonight, sometime before 4pm, or was it 6pm, or was it 7pm. We're not really sure.

Three are still too busy "turbo charging" their network to worry about iPhone 4.

T-Mobile, are likely still trying to work out if they prefer pink or orange for their new logo, or practicing another stupidly large dance routine.

O2, are doing the best so far.

Virgin are still undecided on whether they'll release it or no. Richard Branson will be back from space later to make a formal announcement hopefully.

Tesco don't mention iPhone 4 on their website at all, so I wouldn't expect much from them today.

I thinks that's everyone. But yes ultimately I do agree with you. As you said, we're pre-ordering this phone and currently we have no idea if we're going to be able to get a MicroSIM for it (on any other network than O2)

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      211.5 KB
      Views:
  3. stefan109 macrumors member

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

someone said they seen somethin about preorders for O2 and voda could be tonight about 6/7 (don't be clever and reply askin for proof I don't have any just word of mouth)

5. Orbane macrumors member

Hahaha, nice one!

But I agree it's a joke; not having any formal pricing this close to the announcement is just stupid. They will lose potential customers if we don't get some soon.

6. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

I said before 9 this morning that there would be no pre-orders from networks.

7. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I read that too. it's in the UK Thread.

8. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

9. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

All reservations gone now it seems! I was able to select the 16gb for a while but it kept saying "sever unavailable" and now the 16gb is sold out! Arggghhhhhhhh!

10. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

That'd be nice. I think we'd all love to have some pricing on O2 this evening.

11. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Can you use O2 sims with tesco mobiles? If not, will O2 unlock it for me?

I get 10% staff discount, so buying from Tesco was be great!

12. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

13. John T macrumors 68020

John T