UK consumers say they will buy the Apple tablet...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OllyW, Jan 25, 2010.

1. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I don't see how you can separate price from function (which is still an unknown) so it's a bit irrelevant what the survey says. I would say I might buy one if it's any good, but the price is not the issue. If it's only quite good at being an eBook reader (no e-ink, battery life short) and only quite good at being a netbook substitute (can't run much, virtual keyboard), then that's not going to be enough - I'll buy cheaper dedicated devices which do their tasks very well. If it's very good at both, then I'll buy one. If it does other things, I might still buy one. How can you say whether or not you will buy at a price point when we don't know what it will do, and how well it will do it?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. amirite macrumors 6502a

More like $999 in the US, £999 in the UK. Sigh...

4. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

Right and this is assuming that Apple does not follow in their tradition of giving United States citizens their exclusive fun with the device for a year before relenting and letting the rest of the world in on the fun.

5. OllyW thread starter Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That's not so bad, let the Americans beta test it first and sort out all the bugs. ;)