UK delivery time for Macbook Pro at the moment?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sam.walker22, Oct 21, 2010.

1. sam.walker22 macrumors member

sam.walker22

I'm wanting to buy my first mac today, I waited to see if they were going to be updated at yesterdays event, but guess not.

Does anyone know the UK delivery time for a Macbook Pro from the apple store at the moment? Or does it vary? I've never used the apple online store before so I don't know.

Thanks

2. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

24 hours for an off the shelf model which tells you on the Apple store, or if you live near an Apple store then it is right now. If you don't live near an Apple store then you will almost certianly live near a Comet, Curries, Pc World, or even a department store that will sell Apple.

Why wait?

3. sam.walker22 thread starter macrumors member

sam.walker22

because I'm not a student but I want to try get the student discount :p

So if I order friday morning then it should be with me sometime saturday?

My delivery estimate if I ordered now would be October 25th, but the person on the apple live help chat said that's the latest possible date.

4. bigjobby macrumors 65816

I don't think there are any deliveries on Saturday. I would just go ahead and order it and wait for the delivery. Also, don't take any of the pre-installed software options. They're way cheaper buying them separately on the student discount... particularly the Apple products.

5. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

If you order a off the shelf one then it will ship within 24 hours, so nearly anywhere (apart from the most remote places) can be reached within 24 hours in the UK. So assuming you order before the time limit you have for it to be shipped today (just before 5 I think) then it should come the next day, not too sure on Saturday delivery though, it's not classed as a working day but some delivery companies deliver on a Saturday. So the 25th should be for when it arrives, though it can and should arrive anytime before then.