UK delivery times?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rushmere, Jun 12, 2009.

1. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

Can anyone in the UK who has ordered a stock MBP from Apple on-line tell me what the actual delivery timescales are like at the moment?

Having bought previously from the on-line store and waited a lot longer than expected, I'm trying to get an idea for how long they are really taking to deliver at the moment.

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I got mine next day but made sure I ordered before 1pm.

3. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

It depends on whether you buy the standard configuration or if you add CTO options.

If you go for the standard config, the MBP will be sent from a distribution point in Europe. In my case (I live in Sweden) it's Eindhoven, Netherlands. It will ship within 24 hours with UPS or TNT, and it will take 2-3 business days.

Adding options is a bag of hurt, though. Even simple stuff like a DVI adapter (which is just an external doohickey that requires no work on the computer) will add a couple of days. Different hard drive: 5-7 days extra. SSD drive: 1-2 weeks extra. More RAM: 2-4 days extra.

4. rushmere thread starter macrumors 6502

rushmere

Wow, that's impressive. I assume it must have been shipped from the UK.

Thanks!

5. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

i ordered a 17" mbp on Tuesday with matte + 7200rpm and still not shipped. hope it doesent take much longer. my delivery date is 23rd would it usually be before this date thanks :confused:

6. andothfc macrumors regular

My new 15" was delivered the day after it was ordered. Made a very welcome change from the 10 day wait I had for the first unibody last autumn.

7. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Yes it shipped from there depo in the midlands, I generally order stock models and all have been next day on the proviso you order before 2pm latest. If they run low in the UK,then they come from Eindoven.

8. Keeval macrumors member

I ordered a stock 13" MacBook Pro on June the 9th at approx 6pm and it was delivered before 12pm on the 11th.

9. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

my order status has went to Prepared for Shipment :)
    this might seem sad checking my status on a friday night but im having a drink and surfing. leave all the partying tomorrow night :D

10. rushmere thread starter macrumors 6502

rushmere

Thanks for all the replies, it sounds like delivery is happening quickly.

Now, the question is..... MacBook Pro..... or iPhone 3GS..... or both? :D

11. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

HE discount/ADC discount / free iPod rebate on the MBP, and PAYG iPhone- you know you want too!

12. rushmere thread starter macrumors 6502

rushmere

You're not wrong there!

I've worked out that the net cost of replacing my Macbook (getting the education discount via my partner who works in a school plus selling the old Macbook and free iPod on Ebay plus Quidco cashback) should work out at about £250. That's not too shabby.

Bizarrely, replacing the iPhone is going to cost more than replacing the Macbook :eek:

13. frou macrumors regular

frou

The trick there is not to chose the adapter as part of the MacBook configuration. Just search for it and add it as a separate item.