UK Delivery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soupyjnr, Feb 4, 2008.

1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I ordered a MacBook on Friday, and it was shipped on Saturday night. It was shipped with TNT, however when I go onto www.tnt.co.uk, and type in the 'Carriers Tracking Number', it cant find any assignments with that number - is this normal?

Also, another question just while im here is - When my MacBook comes, which version of Mac OS will it have, cause I get confused :confused:!

2. Richie Ni macrumors newbie

3. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it does - anybody know if TNT not finding any assignments under Apples Shipping Number is normal?

Thanks Richie Ni << (are you from Northern Ireland)?

4. jont1967 macrumors newbie

As I recall you had to select yes to the 'shipped from outside the United Kingdom' option, have you tried that ?

Jonathan.

5. Richie Ni macrumors newbie

your welcome.
    heh not really but I love Ireland,I may move to there in the near future :)

6. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey - just tried that there now, no joy :( Should I call TNT and/or Apple or just leave it a day or two?

7. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool! Its a class place like - except when it rains (which is 90% of the year)

8. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

My MacBook was shipped on the 30th Jan and I can not track it any where :(

9. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If you have a tracking number,cant you try ringing them?

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The tacking number actually changes when TNT despatch it on route to your door. Check back tomorrow and see if there is a new tracking number.

11. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

OK Great - Thanks, I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again

12. drainey macrumors newbie

hey,

im also from northern ireland, and also ordered a macbook on friday afternoon, no sign of mine yet either but expecting it tomorrow or wednesday according to invoice e-mail, where did you find the tracking number? all i got was an order number starting with W but it doesnt work.

cheers.

13. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey - log into your apple account (https://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=acct&mco=24A40BD0)
    and when you log in it gives all your orders - click on 'Track this Shipment'. When you do that, look at the right hand side of the page and it should say 'Carrier Tracking Number'

Mine has now changed to what it was earlier (my tracking number) and its now being recognised on www.tnt.co.uk - only problem is, its just saying 'Call us for more information on this item' - lol dont knwo if thats good or bad

14. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

TNT just royally suck. Mine said the same thing from the moment it was able to be tracked, to hours after it actually arrived on my door. Useless!

16. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys! Thanks for the posts since I was last on :

UPDATE : After checking last night, the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) had changed from tomorrow to today, so I thought oh, great, new MacBook wil arrive today. Got up this morning, expecting www.tnt.co.uk to tell me that my MacBook was Out for Delivery - I had no such luck. Infact all it was saying was 'Please call TNT on 0800 100 600 for more information on this consignment'. So, I did, and they told me (at 9.20am this morning) that Internatioanl Consignments can take a while to update on thier system and to ring back about 12 - which I did do. When I rang back at 12, and after waiting on the phone for 12 minutes whilst the girl at TNT (who was very helpful) was trying to contact TNT near me, I was told that the flights had been delayed this morning, and as a result, my MacBook hadn't even arrived in Northern Ireland yet - infact, I was told it was still stuck in Dublin :confused:... what a flippin joke!

So Ive been told it should be out for delivery tomorrow - the keyword being should....

Has anybody else had a problem or bad experience with TNT regarding Apple?

17. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Regarding my above message, does anybody think that my Mac will arrive in with TNT tonight, so its out for delivery in the morning...? Does anybody have any experience with TNT?

18. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

Where are you finding your tracking info from? I oredered a MacBook 29th January and its estimated delivery is 9th February, but through tracking mine it says on schedule for delivery 5th which is today. Nothing. I have no courier information or tracking info though.

Thanks

19. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hello. I logged into my Apple account and went to 'Order Status'. When you do this, your orders appear. Click on 'Track this shipment'. Then, the Shipment Status should appear. On the left hand side, you should see 'Our Delivery Reference Number' and 'Carrier Tracking Number', followed by 'Assigned Carrier' - if the Delivery Reference Number and Carrier Tracking Numbers are the same, then your Parcel hasnt been assigned with a number from the courier... when this changes, this is the number which the carrier has assigned in order for them to check its progress. When it changes, go onto your carriers website and enter that number, and you should get the status..... does this make sense?

20. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

My carrier tracking number and assigned courier just say they'll be updated shortly. I have a reference number but that's it. Can't believe how rubbish their delivery is! My first apple product other than my iPhone and its ridiculous! Other people that ordered theirs after me got them a few days later.

Thanks for your help though. :)

21. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah its a let down :(! I just hope it gets to me tomorrow.... if its not, Apple and TNT will be getting a nasty phone call... no im jokin but I wil call them and find out whats going on

22. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Well guys I have to say I am well and truly P***** off.

Just checked and TNT recieved my goods 3 times into Belfast this morning, why 3 times ive no idea, but its STILL not out for delivery. Im not happy.

Do you tink I have grounds to complain?

23. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

What was your original planned arrival date? If it's still within that time i reckon apple will just brush off the complaint.

Someone in the macbook air thread complained, but since it was still in the original delivery time slot Apple just didn't want to know.

But, if it's now late, definately try complaining, can't hurt! :D

24. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey :) Thanks for the reply

Well it started off the Estimated Delivery Date, going by Apple was 6th February, which was today. However on Monday it changed to 5th February, then yesterday it said 'Current Delivery Status - In Transit to Customer - Shipment Delayed'. However today it says Current Delivery Status - On Schedule.

I just checked with TNT - its out for delivery :D!

25. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

WAHOOOOOOOO! Enjoy it mate, i can't wait to get mine! :D