UK: Does open Uni count

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lukegarnz, Sep 13, 2007.

1. lukegarnz macrumors member

Hi, i'm just about to start my second open uni course and i'm waiting to get a new macbook. Do you know if i would qualify for the student discount. If i go online to the student store i put in the open uni as the uni i attend and my home city and it lets me in. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Simplesimon101 macrumors regular

not that it probably helps but if you access the store from your uni's network (though i doubt you have one?) you can get to the Higher Education Store and the discounts even bigger! a friend of mine got a HE discount when he phoned up too... that's what i suggest you do phone up really.

3. lukegarnz thread starter macrumors member

yeah i don't have any uni network so can't really do that, i think i will ring up and see hwat they say. On the education website the saving on a MB is only £43, but i suupose it could go towards some more ram.

4. cervaro macrumors regular

I would suggest ringing the HE phone line and seeing if they will do the higher level discount given you will apparently get a .ac.uk email address when signing up for the Open University. Worth trying in my opinion.