UK Education discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BigSte, Jan 29, 2009.

1. BigSte macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm an employee at a university, in the IT department. Do I qualify for the HE education discount?

I found the terms on the site a little confusing. On the front education page it says:

"If you are a student, teacher, lecturer, administrator or other staff member in education you qualify for special discounted pricing on Apple computers, software and select third party products."

but then in the T&C it says:

"you must be engaged as a teacher or lecturer at an education institution"

doesn't mention "other" staff...

If so, is the discount available in the stores or just online?

If not, i'm also a distance learning student at a different university with an SU card, so could probably use that?

Thanks, Steve

2. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

When I got my Macbook (14% discount!) all I had to do was log on to my University webpage to prove that I was affiliated with the University of Birmingham. Do you have access to a website? If you have a University ID card then that should get you the discount. I think you should qualify as you are employed by an educational facility. Would be pretty miserly of Apple not to give it to you?

3. BigSte thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've got a staff id card. I'm probably going to pop into the Apple store at Liverpool One over the weekend and see what the score is.