UK Education Discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacScho, Jun 19, 2010.

1. MacScho macrumors member

Few questions if someone could help.

What is the full UK education discount for FE/HE students? I was to believe it is 14%, but unsure.

Is it possible to use the discount on a Mac, AND take advantage of the iPod rebate promotion?

Do apple stores accept UCAS letters as proof of education status?

Thank you :)

2. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Yes,
    Yes,
    I think so but not 100% sure.

Also, you might want to check if the online HE discount is matched in the store.

3. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Hi,
    I have just bought (Friday) an mpb 15" i5 2.4ghz with an anti-glare screen.
    I did it over the phone, they just took details of me like; name,address and most importantly my home number (which I was calling off)... That was after I told them I go to a sixth form college and uni next year. They said that I would get the college(further) discount.
    So I guess they either can search you up on the ucas database or on the electoral roll, as you have to be over 18 to get the education discount ( I know, its perverse)

Anyway, to my calculations I got a discount of 8.4% which isnt great but better than nothing. That was calculated without tax in btw.

Hope this helped in anyway.

4. Prhymeate macrumors member

The macbook pro discount in the retail stores for HE students is %16.

I ordered the basic 15" macbook pro with high res antiglare screen over the phone, it cost £1392.38 with the HE discount. I also got the ipod touch with the rebate deal.

They'll accept the ucas letter if it's an unconditional offer.

5. MacScho thread starter macrumors member