UK Education store and AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ibizarocks, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ibizarocks macrumors regular

Am I right in thinking that if you buy an apple comp through the education store you get a 3 year warranty but just without the phone service for the last 2 years?? I'm going to get a new mbp when they come out but I don't want the same mistake last time and purchase it if there's no point.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What? You get 3 years of phone support total if you buy AC and register it before your initial 90 days of phone support is up. Otherwise you get it for the remainer of the 3 years once you register.

3. JJ452 macrumors newbie

No, you get the same warranty just for 1/4 the price!

4. Aboo macrumors 6502a

You are correct, that if you buy your apple computer through the UK Higher Education store, you will have a standard 3 year warranty, 1 year telephone support. The Apple Care that you could buy for this system will extend your phone coverage from 1 year to 3 yrs. That is the only difference. I have posted the link to Apple's policy on this numerous times on the Buying Advice and Tips sub-forum, so if you want proof, I know for a fact its there.

Good Luck!

5. ibizarocks thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, I was an idiot and paid for the phone support last time thinking I didn't get 3 years warranty... won't be doing that again!