UK educational discount/promo 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Random Gecko, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Random Gecko macrumors member

Is anyone aware of what exactly the educational discount is for this coming September? I'm gonna be buying a MacBook Pro 13" and wanna get the best deal possible.

Also, is there any promo running this year? I remember there being an iPod touch being involved in the past and so on?

Thanks.

2. Random Gecko thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

Can I just walk into an Apple Store with my student card and get this discount or do I have to do it through the site? I presume it's the former but I'm just checking for sure.

3. sananda macrumors 68020

You can walk in and buy. But first check the price on the online store accessible via your institution's network (it might be lower).

4. macman4789 macrumors regular

You can walk into a store and show your ID and get discount there and then however if you order over the phone/through internet you get a free 3 year parts & labour warranty with it.... makes sense to order online/phone.

5. Spartan-117 macrumors newbie

Spartan-117

Actually you can buy directly in store with the 3 year apple care for like £50 for the i5 15" as i remember, went in and asked about it but they only stock certain models, anything customised they don't stock, like high res screens.

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Why would you want to spend $50UK when its free online or over the phone?

7. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Depends if you want the 3 years telephone support or just happy with the 3 years parts/labour.

8. Lykos1986 macrumors member

Hello! This is my first post here!

So, I am interested for a new MBP 13” with the student’s discount. I want to buy also the Apple Care that costs 47GBP together with the MBP. That Apple Care includes the telephone support and the worldwide service or only the one of those. I am asking that because the price difference is huge (Apple Care for MBP 13” cost 199GBP in the Apple Store)!

What do you mean by “It is free online”? I can find the Apple Care for free?