[UK] Extended holiday return period in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mankymanning, Dec 7, 2014.

1. mankymanning macrumors regular

Hi, I bought a 6 plus last week and the chap who sold it to me said that we were in the extended return period and I could return it up until (I think) around the 8th January. However the receipt I got by email still said the standard 14 days (i.e. next week)

I know there is an extended return period for online purchases, does this also apply to in store purchases? Not sure if he was mistaken or the receipt just hasn't got the correct return date on. I am in the UK btw...

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I've heard different things about the U.S. store.... Most people are saying that the iPhone is excluded from the extended return policy.

Edit: from their website

I imagine this is applicable in store too. Don't see why it wouldn't be.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's not official that you can get a refund in store.

The only reason it exists for the online store is shipping logistics over the holiday period.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I guess it depends on how it was purchased. If the iphone purchased under contract, then it would be excluded from the extended return, but if it was purchased full price then it falls under the extended return policy and can be returned till the 8th.

I have a friend who works at Apple store and told me that iphones are included in the extended return policy only if it was purchased at full price.

5. mankymanning thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it was bought sim free at full price. The more I use it though the more likely I am to keep it. Lots of apps so much better on a big screen. Flipboard for instance.