UK: First Written confirmation of 6:02pm launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulobrad, Nov 1, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

Just got this email - I know it's pretty much been confirmed but it's the first time I've seen any of those involved (Apple, o2, CPW) confirming a 6:02 release in writing.

The email and links it contains offers nothing else new or interesting we don't already know.

Attached Files:

2. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

launches are prolly more fun in usa its all hyper and everything i bet here its boring gr

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Someone posted a photo of a poster in an O2 store yesterday, and that specifically said that it was a 6.02 pm launch.

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I popped into a Carphone Warehouse store last week and just casually asked them if they knew much about the iPhone, just out of interest, to test that theory.

Let's just say they went MAD! I had opened a can of worms and they wouldn't stop talking about it and how excited they were and how every other person coming into the store asks about it. Apparently the CPW website has a counter of the amount of people enquiring about the iPhone there to show the interest. He also said they would be getting large displays in with some sort of demo machine so people could see how it worked and looked on the screen, but I haven't been in since.

I was under the impression it wouldn't be as popular as the US, but maybe it will be a little more than just boring, who knows. Launch day will tell us!

5. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

I've only just realised why it's 6.02pm! O2! :D

6. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

this advertisment was in the Cardiff O2 store

[​IMG]