[UK] Good news iPhone owners on 3 Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Austin00, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Austin00 macrumors member

Hey MR,

I recently tried looking for this on the web and couldn't find anyone answering my question of "Do 3 mobile charge per MB or require a separate data plan for tethered data from iphone"

Just got off the phone with 3's tech support team, and he confirmed that tethering, either via bluetooth, or wifi, uses the data allowance you already pay for on your iPhone.

Which means, just as soon as i get this 4.3 update, my 16gb iPad is now 3G capable!

Cracking!

2. aldo82 macrumors regular

They do allow tethering on the One Plan. Officially on pay as you go with their new all you can eat data they are saying tethering is not permitted. Having said that the personal hotspot and tethering options are available. I'm on payg, just tried it and it worked perfectly

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Just tried putting my three PAYG sim in my girlfriend's Iphone 4 -- wifi hotspot works perfectly.

4. Austin00 thread starter macrumors member

Had a touch of trouble getting my 3G to work on 4.3 on my iPhone 4. But after leaving it for a while I can now use my iPad tethered to my phones 3G.

Here here for cheap contracts!

5. redporti macrumors newbie

How good is the wifi on the iphone 4 with 3? Does your ipad work good and is the range good. Looking into going over to 3 just for this feature as o2 want to charge me for it. Don't want to jump ship if the coverage is no good.

6. PDE macrumors 68020

tethering the ipad to the iphone 4 with wifi works perfectly, though I've only tried it for a few minutes to check it out. Another little secret: I popped my PAYG sim into my ipad and...data works perfectly there too. I wonder how long it would take them to figure out that I'm using an ipad?!