UK HE 3 year warrenty = 1+2years

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moredrunkmale, Mar 16, 2011.

1. moredrunkmale macrumors member

i just got my early 2011 15", bought via the uk HE store. I checked my warranty status and was disappointed to find it says i only have 12 months.

i called them up and apparently you get 12 months initially, and then the day it runs out (in 12 months time) they add on the extra 2 years.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Sort of. It takes a while to appear online (mine was around 9 weeks).

After ~90 days you should get an email saying you have the 3 years. This is probably because Apple give 90 days phone support to everyone but the HE warranty includes 1 year phone support.

Remember, it doesn't matter what Apple's online system says anyway. You agreed to a 3 year warranty on the T&Cs when you bought it (I hope you saved a copy?!). Full stop.

Full details here- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1103022

3. GeekPill macrumors member

Plus if anything does go wrong with it you have the Sales Of Goods Act on your side. So you have upto 6 years to find a fault but have to prove its was there from the start, not that hard when you have forum sites complaining about problems.

4. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    strange, when i ordered my 2010 MBP 15" i thro HE store
    i'm pretty sure the 3 yr warranty was coming up online when i enter the serial no. after 5-10 days