UK HE 3 year warrenty = 1+2years

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moredrunkmale, Mar 16, 2011.

1. moredrunkmale macrumors member

Aug 22, 2010
    i just got my early 2011 15", bought via the uk HE store. I checked my warranty status and was disappointed to find it says i only have 12 months.

i called them up and apparently you get 12 months initially, and then the day it runs out (in 12 months time) they add on the extra 2 years.
  2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

Mar 8, 2009
    Sort of. It takes a while to appear online (mine was around 9 weeks).

After ~90 days you should get an email saying you have the 3 years. This is probably because Apple give 90 days phone support to everyone but the HE warranty includes 1 year phone support.

Remember, it doesn't matter what Apple's online system says anyway. You agreed to a 3 year warranty on the T&Cs when you bought it (I hope you saved a copy?!). Full stop.

Full details here-
  3. GeekPill macrumors member

Mar 20, 2011
    United Kingdom of GB & NI
    Plus if anything does go wrong with it you have the Sales Of Goods Act on your side. So you have upto 6 years to find a fault but have to prove its was there from the start, not that hard when you have forum sites complaining about problems.
  4. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

Feb 9, 2011
    on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    strange, when i ordered my 2010 MBP 15" i thro HE store
    i'm pretty sure the 3 yr warranty was coming up online when i enter the serial no. after 5-10 days