UK HE Student Discount receipt help needed.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by r.mac999, Sep 1, 2008.

1. r.mac999 macrumors newbie

Hi. I am looking to buy a updated macbook for uni soon with my Higher Education discount, but I was wondering how the price shows on the receipt. Does the receipt specifically state that a HE discount was used in buying the macbook or not.
    Thanks in advance

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Here is what my receipt for my most recent purchase from the HE store looks like:

[​IMG]

They don't send you a paper receipt, it's all by email.

3. r.mac999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that, but has anyone had any experience of HE discount on an in-strore receipt?

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

It's to my knowledge that you can't get the full HE discount in store it is only available online or over the phone.....all reciepts will be done digitally.

Shadow

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes you can get the full HE discount in person at AppleStores in the UK. I think the discount is shown on the line under the normal price. Certainly this is the case for USA educational in-store purchases.

Why do you want to know if it shown on the receipt ???

6. r.mac999 thread starter macrumors newbie

The company that I do part time work for want to pay for it and claim tax back by declaring as a business product as well as a uni product. That way I could get it cheaper, but I was wondering if I was allowed to do this. This is why I want to know what it states on the receipt.

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Do you mean will the tax-man/vat-man query it because it is cheaper than normal - no I think that unlikely.

The receipt will show a discount (maybe HE) - like that will mean anything to anybody ! The discount will just reduce the allowable expenditure and/or input VAT - so no problem there either. However the company can only show the expense if it is solely for business use (clearly the case here !).

Personal opinion (but I might be an Accountant !)